I know, I know... I don't post enough. Sorry.
Ben is gearing up for surgery again. I hate this. I really do. This isn't as big a deal as the surgery last year. Last year he was out for more than 2 hours, this time it should be around 30 to 45 minutes they tell me. Routine surgery, he's getting his tonsils and adenoids out and getting tubes in. Routine, except that it's Ben... it's my son... my hypotonic son. I really just hate this. That we have to put him through this and he has to go through it and deal with the pain and the recovery. Blech. Still it's for the best when it comes to Ben. I know that. Ed knows that too. Still doesn't make it easy, for any of us.
In other news in the past year Ben has learned how to walk, he's talking more (still way behind though), he was into and out of SMO's for his severe pronation, he's started "school" two mornings a week for 2 hours a day, and he's become a big brother. Big goings on for my little fella. He likes school okay. Little weirdo won't say a word while he's there but he likes it okay. He loves his teacher, Joy, just to pieces. The SMO's went over okay at first and then just a mess and he refused to wear them. I would get them on him and he would shake his feet and scream "OFF!!!" and cry. Over the summer, while I was VERY VERY pregnant, I just gave up the fight with him cause I didn't have it in me anymore. As it turns out the Physiatrist is okay with that and says that's fine cause he has really great ortho shoes he wears. We do need to get "cookies" to go in his shoes but even without them the shoes are good for him and help him a lot. So that's all good too. I mean over all Ben's had a good year I think. He's still one tough little nut but that's sort of to be expected... all things considered I guess.
Here's my favorite fairly recent pic of Ben! I took that in late July not too long before having the baby. He just looks SO big in this picture. Momma's big boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment