This morning I woke up late. Ed has been an absolute and utter saint and has let me sleep in almost every day for a week since I've been so horribly sick. I'm doing better, I wouldn't say 100% but I'd say I'm a good 90%, and even today he let me sleep in. Due to this complete spoiling on his part I have developed absolutely atrocious sleep habits in the past week and I'm going to bed WAY too late and sleeping in, usually until 8 or so. Well this morning I am almost embarrassed to admit I slept until 9:30!! I honestly haven't done that in years! Yeah yeah yeah... what does this all have to do with Ben. After all it's his blog right?
So I woke up feeling great and called Ed to come spend a little cuddle time with me. Just some quiet time together before going downstairs into the normal chaos and bedlam. We spend just a few minutes spooning and talking and sending up a prayer for my brother's wife when Ben joined us. We heard his little uneven steps on the stairs and his little knock at the door. We told him to come on in and he opened the door and came in. He immediately ran over to Daddy's side of the bed and crawled in tucking the covers up to his sweet little chin. So we spent a little time together... Ben being the sweetest thing ever and offering kisses and hugs and telling us he loved us. In short order he had moved himself to the middle of the bed between Ed and I so he could more easily get lovin's from both Mami and Daddy. It was just nice. It was nice to hold him and cuddle with him and be with him... really WITH him.
We worry sometimes what the future holds for Ben and what his life will be like. One thing we know is that his life will be filled with love and he will shower those closest to him with his very special brand of love and affection in his own special Ben way. Mornings like today make me push aside those worries and concerns and make me revel in the miracle that is Ben. We have six kids in this family and the God's honest truth is that I have never met a child that loves as completely and purely as Ben does... with reckless abandon and every fiber of his being. Babies love that way but so quickly toddlers learn the ways of manipulation and cunning... but not Ben. Kit still loves in that pure unspoiled way but she's just a baby and she'll soon move on to finding her own persuasive techniques to get what she wants... putting out that bottom lip, a few crocodile tears, that sweet little smile with just the perfect head tilt... all in her ploy to get her own way. It's the nature of the beast... and really I'm okay with that... I kind of enjoy it in some dark and twisty way that is so uniquely me. I know though that Ben, at four-years-old, doesn't have that. He is pure and sweet and loving and kind and good because he just IS. I love that about my Ben. I love that so much I could eat it up with a spoon.
We are so blessed.
New Chapters
13 years ago

1 comment:
Ahhhhhhh
And that's allI have to say about that!
Post a Comment