Ben went to school this morning. Like he did yesterday morning. He doesn't go to school on Monday's so not an issue. I posted about Ben's newest boo-boo here just in case you missed it.
So today, early this morning we get a phone call from the nurse at Ben's school. She tells us that the teachers say that Ben bumped his head and he has an ugly bruise on his head so they wanted her to check it out. She called to tell us about it and then mentions "but it looks like it might be old?" So Ed tells her "Yeah he got that over the weekend." She pauses for a moment and asks "was he in school yesterday?" Ed tells her that yes, he was in school yesterday. She thanks us for our time and says goodbye.
So... I'm kind of thinking... WTH? Should I be glad that they noticed it and wanted to get it looked at to make sure he was okay? Or should I be upset that they didn't notice YESTERDAY? It just seems odd to me. Don't misunderstand, I LOVE Ben's teachers and his teachers assistants, they're all wonderful. Honestly yesterday when we heard nothing about it I just assumed that they had noticed it (it's a little hard not to notice but admittedly sometimes his hair covers it a bit) and realized he had fallen over the weekend and didn't think anything of it. So when I got the call today I was a bit thrown. Weird.
Well... all in all they wanted what was best for Ben. They thought he had hurt himself and took him to the nurse for care so that's all good.
Next we have to work out his transportation to his summer SN program.
New Chapters
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment